- This event has passed.
Service & Repair Forum: Getting Ready for 5G
November 15, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:40 pm CST
Breakfast: 8:30 am – 9:00 am
Forum: 9:00 am – 3:45 pm
5G is coming – will you be ready?
Rohde & Schwarz is pleased to offer this 1-day special event to educate service and repair professionals on the coming wave of 5G devices and how it will affect your future testing plans. Although 5G will leverage many existing technology aspects from LTE, it also brings forth new technology components never before implemented on a large, commercial basis. For example, the use of new millimeter wave bands and the implementation of massive MIMO antenna arrays on base stations and mobile devices (e.g., using 16-32 element antenna arrays) will help deliver the 10-20X improvements in bandwidth, but will also greatly increase the complexity and require new ways to test.
Spend the day with us to learn how 5G will affect your future business and what you need to know now.
In this seminar, our expert 5G presenters will address topics such as:
- Overview of 5G – motivation, drivers, standards, key use cases, timelines, etc.
- Technology overview of 5G New Radio (NR)
- Techniques for achieving 10-20x improvements in bandwidth
- Delivering more bandwidth with millimeter wave
- Enhanced Carrier Aggregation (eCA)
- 5G NR frame structure and flexibility
- Advanced antenna arrays for both mobiles and base-stations
- Beam forming, steering and tracking
- Massive MIMO technology and implementation
- Testing 5G devices at sub-6GHz and millimeter wave (28GHz & 39GHz)
- Interoperability testing with LTE-A/Pro and 5G NR
- Learn about new additions to the CMW call-box family to cover 5G NR
- Over-the-air (OTA) testing for sub-6GHz (FR1) and millimeter wave (FR2)
- And much more …
Lunch & refreshments provided by Rohde & Schwarz
|9:00 – 9:30||Check-in|
|9:30 – 10:45||5G Introduction: drivers, standards, key technology aspects|
|10:45 – 11:00||BREAK (coffee, refreshments)|
|11:00 –12:00||5G NR Technology and Testing Challenges|
|12:00 – 1:00||LUNCH (catered lunch at hotel)|
|1:00 – 2:15||5G Testing Considerations and Solutions for Sub-6Hz (FR1)|
|2:15 – 2:30||BREAK|
|2:30 – 3:30||5G Testing Considerations and Solutions for Millimeter Wave (FR2)|
|3:30 – 3:40||Q&A Closing Remarks|