- This event has passed.
The Practice of Interference Hunting – The Basics
March 29 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDTFree
Radio interference affects our ability to communicate and is a big problem. Learning how to identify interference, the sources and the solutions is getting a lot of attention in recent years. This webinar discusses radio interference and a basic understanding of why it is a problem, what to look for and adverse effects on radio receivers.
Users attending this session will:
- Learn how to identify radio interference
- Be shown how radio noise and radio interference affects receiver performance in wireless networks.
- Learn the top five sources of interference and why they are important.
- Better understand the role of government regulators and how they fit into spectrum management and frequency control.
- Learn how to use interference hunting equipment, such as spectrum monitors and spectrum analyzers – in general terms.
Who should attend?
- System performance engineers
- Wireless technicians
- Wireless managers
- Wireless network operators
In subsequent webinars we will discuss testing and measurement procedures in detail, how to identify interference and record the results.
Thomas K. Dover
President, DTS Inc
Tom Dover has spent an entire career managing, maintaining and teaching telecommunication networks. His experience includes telecommunication technology fundamentals, specialty equipment and safety programs for utility companies, government agencies and private organizations.
Tom is a graduate of the University of Utah, and holds an FCC General Class license. He has delivered training at over 300 sites nationwide, authored over 20 technical and non-technical live and on-line courses for all faces of the telecommunication and wireless industries. Tom is an authorized OSHA Outreach Instructor for the Construction industries. He has worked with training partners and equipment vendors to provide certification training for subjects such as Antenna Line Sweep, Passive Intermodulation, and Fiber to the Antenna including Distributed Antenna Systems. Over 2000 students have been PIM certified via DTS and our training partners.
Tom is the President of DTS, Inc a Utah based training company, focusing on teaching telecommunication professionals and integrators who install, test and maintain wireless networks in a safe and efficient manner.