5G is evolving – from an adjunct technology to a solid communications standard that will change how we communicate with each other and the things around us. Although for many, it feels like we just got here, the evolution of 5G has already begun. With exciting new capabilities and features, 5G will open up countless new use cases all while paving the road forward towards 6G.
Join us for this special two-part event, where expert lecturer Reiner Stuhlfauth will firstly explain the underlying technologies that have made 5G possible, leading into where we are today with 5G. Following this, he will then turn his attention to where 5G is headed, what new technologies will be introduced in 3gpp Release 16 and 17, and how these new capabilities will affect the overall 5G evolution.
The 5G Evolution: Advanced Topics will Include:
- Release 16 work items and features to evolve 5G
- 5G broadcast using FeMBMS technology, converging between broadcasters and telecom operators
- Nonpublic network, industrial networks using 5G
- 5G-U, unlicensed spectrum deployments
- Integrated access backhaul IAB
- 5G positioning methods for location-based services
- Optimizing 5G for URLLC: lower latency, reliability improvements
- 5G automotive: C-V2X with 5G side link
- Outlook on Rel. 17 work items:
- Non-terrestrial network NTN, e.g. HAP (high altitude platforms)
- Evolution of machine type communication technologies like LTE-M and NB-IoT evolving into 5G
- Spectrum evolution beyond 52.6GHz
- A crystal ball look on what comes next
For those new to 5G, or for those who would like a refresher on the key topics, we recommend that you first watch the “5G Fundamentals” on-demand webinar before attending the live session on “5G Advanced Topics.” A link to this webinar will be included in your confirmation email once you have registered.